We are committed to the continuous improvement of both the business and the colleagues, as well as working hard to develop relationships that benefit all involved.
Beak and Johnston is a family owned business and supplier of choice for inspiring everyday food. Our innovation goals are to create culinary innovation through consumer and category insights...
To help with this goal we are currently seeking a Development Chef to join our R&D team and continue to focus on innovation & growth at our City Kitchen factory located in Arndell Park. We aim to be the authority in our field to help position our customers as the market leaders in chilled foods and to give the consumer the best options for what food they put in their fridge.
IN a Development Chef role, you will be responsible for developing great tasting food that is commercially viable for the business and its customers, whilst saleable into mass production. You will help guide the business with food trends and then creating inspiring food options that meet both the customer and consumer requirements.
To be successful in this role you will be able to
- Be able to manage new product development from concept to creation
- Work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to implement change initiatives to bring products from concept stage to reality
- Take an active part into the transition of new products into the business
- Develop food from scratch from both internal and external concepts and briefs
- Effectively cost products against target costs
- Participate in New Product Develop (NPD) teams in day to day requirements and projects responsibilities
- Be able to initiate, identify and manage strategic business partners and customers
- Have an interest in developing core skills and knowledge in packaging and design as a
point of difference
Entrepreneurial, highly motivated self-starter with experience in similar food innovation roles you will be able to hit the ground running. Ideally you will
- Have over 3 years’ experience within a high-end restaurant or equivalent
- Be computer literate in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Have excellent communication and proven leadership skills
- Proven experience in bringing concepts to life
- High level of attention to detail, problem solving and time management skills
- Enjoy working with a range of stakeholders, internal and external, and be driven to achieve outcomes in line with the strategic growth plans for the City Kitchen site.
Is this you?
If you are excited about the thought of becoming part of the B&J team and want to express interest in finding out more about this opportunity APPLY NOW