The B&J Leadership Team is closely monitoring and managing the status of the pandemic on a day to day basis and its potential adverse impact on our business.
Since the declaration of a pandemic by the WHO, B&J has taken the appropriate steps to manage and mitigate the risk of a potential cluster outbreak within our business. This includes the following actions:
- Notification to remain at home at get COVID-19 tested if you are feeling unwell and displaying any symptoms of fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue and difficulty in breathing. Clearance to return to work would only be granted with a medical certificate demonstrating “negative” for COVID-19.
- Mandatory surgical marks / face shields which are issued upon entry to site.
- Maintaining strict social distancing across all sites and offices.
- A number of office based employees working from home, office workstations spaced 1.5mtr
- Installed multiple additional points of sanitation around our facilities for regular sanitization of hands with training, signage and regular communication in place
-Increased hygiene and cleaning regimes to complement our existing robust procedures, this includes office areas and common “touch points” across sites.
- Required all employees, visitors, and contractors at site to complete a health questionnaire and confirm individual compliance with the latest travel and health advice
- Temperature testing of all staff & visitors to sites, new thermal scanning cameras installed
- Office meeting rooms have capacity numbers to maintain four square meter of space per person
- Stopped all non-essential site visits
- Implemented a COVID-19 Response plan, consisting of removal & isolation, escalation, and start-up plan
- Assign marshal team members across all floors to enforce social distancing, also in smoking huts
- Review of staff currently car pooling and the risk it poses. Looking to mitigate this risk by restricting this to car pooling by work area and shift only.
- “Contact Tracing” – Colleagues not permitted to move between designated areas of work. Some functions such as Maintenance and QA are recording their locations throughout the day.
- Disabled all hand Dyson dryers and replace with paper towel
- Staggered meal breaks and start/finish times to limit cross over of team members
- Identification of contingency manufacturing capability as well as “key skills” operators across the Group as part of the Business Continuity Plan.
The health and safety of our employees remains a top priority and we are complying with all local, state and government requirements.
We are maintaining our focus on what is happening in other parts of the country and using that as a stern reminder not to become complacent.
- The majority of our “ready to heat” product range can be manufactured at either City Kitchen or Greenacre.
- We have identified a contingency site for other “ready to cook” style products through joint venture partners.
Response plan if a positive COVID 19 test is identified
Start-up in case of a positive COVID test result
Our deep cleaning protocol enables us to fully decontaminate a site within a 24-hour period. Our Hygiene Contractors have been trained in COVID decontamination procedures for workplace and factory environments. If a situation were to arise, we will closely work with Health Authorities to work through the decontamination procedures for the site. We are confident that our mitigation controls in place today, including our split shifts would positively influence a prompt and efficient start up.